I always loved being in Europe. Munich has really become my second home though. Now everytime I leave I miss it so much. It is such an amazing city with so much to do
.You can also drive to Vienna, Prague, Zurich,London or to many different major European cities. I have spent most of my time here in the last 7 months but I have also gone to other places in Europe and also Vancouver where I grew up.
At first I was discouraged by how slowly I was understanding German but now I am even starting to speak and understand almost everything. Normally I can get used to a new language very quickly but German is a little more challenging even though there are so many similarities to English. Everyone speaks very fast here and it makes it even harder to understand what they are saying. Ofcourse every person who is 35 and under speaks English.
It has a really fun night life and its easy to stay out until 8 am and everyone does.Everyone drinks a lot and the beer is tradition. I don't drink beer at all ..except during Oktoberfest simply because it is tradition and I want to honor that. Everyone here goes crazy during Oktoberfest and most people are really drunk and the girls are all dressed in sexy dirndls and the whole thing is very sexual.Everyone is dancing on tables inside huge tents and yelling "Prost!" and banging their 1 liter beer glasses together.Then after it shuts down around 11 pm everyone goes out to clubs dressed in the traditional Bavarian attire. I had so much fun for my first Oktoberfest this year and my dirndl was amazing.
I heavent really shot any adult here only mainstream stuff beacause of a few different factors which I am assuming everyone has a pretty good idea of.
I will have to post a collection of my favorite photos from Munich here too.
I have the feeling like I will always keep coming back to this city.
hi alyssa very nice blog welcome! you finally did it im so proud. I look foward to this blog and your thoughts and views on a variety of topics. Munich sounds like a cool place. i have to ask where you dancing on the tables?
ReplyDeleteI am excited to finally write my blog too!!! It is really fun being here. People actually dance on the benches that are on each side of a table...and yes ofcourse I did!!
ReplyDeleteThat's great you're doing mainstream stuff now as well!! Have you been to Neuschwanstein castle yet, I went there in the 90's, simply amazing. Since you're picking up German pretty well, you can go to Northern Italy just South of Innsbruck (3-4 hour drive) and many people are ethnic Austrians, but Italian, so they speak a very unique sounding German.
ReplyDelete