I was in Prague last week and it was even more amazing than I had imagined Prague to be. I have wanted to go there for so long and I knew a lot of the history and what I could expect before I arrived but it was still so much more than what I thought it would be.
It's less than 5 hours driving from where I am in Munich and when I saw my first glimpses of Prague it was clear to me that the entire city was filled with so much beauty and from the first moments to the end of my trip I felt like I was in a museum.
Ofcourse within this old "golden city" there is also a very modern world. My hotel was in the Old Town and the location was prefect. I could walk to pretty much everything I wanted to see. I did take the metro a couple times as well.
My first day I walked around the Old Town and Old Town Square. Then I went out for dinner and the restaurant was unbelievable. This city is filled with restaurants everywhere.
There is a lot of the traditional Czech food everywhere ofcourse but you can also find pretty much any other type of food you want. My favorite Czech thing to eat is the apple strudle.They also have this hot red wine that I love which has spices added to it.
My second day there I decided to go see the Charles Bridge because I wanted to see it during the day and during the night. It was very close to my hotel so I walked there and it was filled with statues on the sides and a beautiful entrance at the front of the bridge.
Then after the bridge I started walking to the Prague Castle which I really wanted to see because it is the biggest castle in the world.
You can walk all the way up to the top where the Castle is and then you also see a view of all of Prague.
Close to that they also have their version of the Eiffel Tower but I wasn't really into seeing that.
When I got to the front of the Castle I was still shocked at how big it was. Then when I walked inside it it looked so beautiful. The first part was a big Cathedral and I am not at all into churches or religion for that matter but it just looked so impressive. Just from the architectural aspect of it.
That night was a bar night after which was really fun. There was a street close to my hotel filled with bars.
On my way to go out I did walk by The Charles Bridge again just to see it all lit up. The thing I liked also going there at night was that there was way less people than during the day time.
On the third day I walked around The New Town which was filled with shops and had American chain restaurants but also a lot of Czech restaurants and I had more hot wine ofcourse.
I had an amazing dinner at a restaurant called Ceverna Tabulka and I picked a typical Czech dish which was meat and their traditional potato dumplings and red cabbage and more hot wine...
I then went to a bar called The Bombay Bar which was really fun bar and lounge where I had cocktails and danced. Everything is open late like most places in Europe which is one of my favorite things about going out here. A lot of people I came across were visiting from other parts of the world but I also met a lot of people who lived in Prague. Most of the Czech people I met I really liked.
I was really sad to leave Prague the next day and I will go back.
Next time I go I want it to be during the summer though. It is always a much different feeling being somewhere in the summer than the winter. I think I need to experience Prague when it is hot outside.
It's less than 5 hours driving from where I am in Munich and when I saw my first glimpses of Prague it was clear to me that the entire city was filled with so much beauty and from the first moments to the end of my trip I felt like I was in a museum.
Ofcourse within this old "golden city" there is also a very modern world. My hotel was in the Old Town and the location was prefect. I could walk to pretty much everything I wanted to see. I did take the metro a couple times as well.
My first day I walked around the Old Town and Old Town Square. Then I went out for dinner and the restaurant was unbelievable. This city is filled with restaurants everywhere.
There is a lot of the traditional Czech food everywhere ofcourse but you can also find pretty much any other type of food you want. My favorite Czech thing to eat is the apple strudle.They also have this hot red wine that I love which has spices added to it.
My second day there I decided to go see the Charles Bridge because I wanted to see it during the day and during the night. It was very close to my hotel so I walked there and it was filled with statues on the sides and a beautiful entrance at the front of the bridge.
Then after the bridge I started walking to the Prague Castle which I really wanted to see because it is the biggest castle in the world.
You can walk all the way up to the top where the Castle is and then you also see a view of all of Prague.
Close to that they also have their version of the Eiffel Tower but I wasn't really into seeing that.
When I got to the front of the Castle I was still shocked at how big it was. Then when I walked inside it it looked so beautiful. The first part was a big Cathedral and I am not at all into churches or religion for that matter but it just looked so impressive. Just from the architectural aspect of it.
That night was a bar night after which was really fun. There was a street close to my hotel filled with bars.
On my way to go out I did walk by The Charles Bridge again just to see it all lit up. The thing I liked also going there at night was that there was way less people than during the day time.
On the third day I walked around The New Town which was filled with shops and had American chain restaurants but also a lot of Czech restaurants and I had more hot wine ofcourse.
I had an amazing dinner at a restaurant called Ceverna Tabulka and I picked a typical Czech dish which was meat and their traditional potato dumplings and red cabbage and more hot wine...
I then went to a bar called The Bombay Bar which was really fun bar and lounge where I had cocktails and danced. Everything is open late like most places in Europe which is one of my favorite things about going out here. A lot of people I came across were visiting from other parts of the world but I also met a lot of people who lived in Prague. Most of the Czech people I met I really liked.
I was really sad to leave Prague the next day and I will go back.
Next time I go I want it to be during the summer though. It is always a much different feeling being somewhere in the summer than the winter. I think I need to experience Prague when it is hot outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment