Yesterday was the second day of Carnival in Munich.It's also called Fasching.
Carnival celebrates the end of winter and the beginning of spring.
The cities that celebrate are mainly Munich, Dusseldorf, and Cologne.
It was also my first Carnival. I didn't go for the first day but I heard that there was not too much
going on.
The second day is when all the parades take place and when everyone is out.
It's a huge event that takes over the entire city and everywhere you look in the center there are huge crowds of people dressed up in costumes.
One of my favourite things about Germany and one of the reasons this city is special is because people here love to have fun and they love to drink and socialize. The way in which they do this is also special.
They will use any occasion possible to do this.The mentality is so much different than in North America.
I started my Carnival day by going to Vikualienmarkt in the afternoon where it was so crowded with people drinking and eating that I could barely walk through some parts.
It's a really big outdoor market where you can get food and drinks with a lot of big tables in the middle of it. It's in the center so a lot of people go there when the sun is out.
I love coming here even on a regular day because it's a very fun atmosphere to be in.
Getting a prosecco seemed like the perfect thing to do . Lately it seems like this is my drink of choice.
Then I started walking to Marienplatz which is my favourite area of the center and yesterday was also filled with outside drink and food stands.
These two areas are where mostly everyone goes for Carnival.
Then ofcourse more and more prosecco for me. I love having these kind of days.
And my day didn't end with this to say the least..
Carnival celebrates the end of winter and the beginning of spring.
The cities that celebrate are mainly Munich, Dusseldorf, and Cologne.
It was also my first Carnival. I didn't go for the first day but I heard that there was not too much
going on.
The second day is when all the parades take place and when everyone is out.
It's a huge event that takes over the entire city and everywhere you look in the center there are huge crowds of people dressed up in costumes.
One of my favourite things about Germany and one of the reasons this city is special is because people here love to have fun and they love to drink and socialize. The way in which they do this is also special.
They will use any occasion possible to do this.The mentality is so much different than in North America.
I started my Carnival day by going to Vikualienmarkt in the afternoon where it was so crowded with people drinking and eating that I could barely walk through some parts.
It's a really big outdoor market where you can get food and drinks with a lot of big tables in the middle of it. It's in the center so a lot of people go there when the sun is out.
I love coming here even on a regular day because it's a very fun atmosphere to be in.
Getting a prosecco seemed like the perfect thing to do . Lately it seems like this is my drink of choice.
Then I started walking to Marienplatz which is my favourite area of the center and yesterday was also filled with outside drink and food stands.
These two areas are where mostly everyone goes for Carnival.
Then ofcourse more and more prosecco for me. I love having these kind of days.
And my day didn't end with this to say the least..
sounds amazing did you dress up and did you go with your gfs.did the boots get an airing :)
ReplyDeleteI did go with my girlfriends but i didnt dress up. i was working so much that I didnt have time to plan an outfit and i realized last minute that it was tomorrow. i thought it was next week..i DID wear the boots:):)
ReplyDeletecant wait to hear you on the radio at www.minutesofmayhem.com on april the 23rd 3pm uk time
ReplyDelete